Sunday, June 8, 2008

World Traveler

Julianna joined her Daddy on a mission trip to Nicaragua. It is the longest she has ever been away from me and I miss her greatly. This is her before she left. I hear from her every night and she is having a great time. She is making lots of friends, and learning a little Spanish, and helping with all of the work that they are doing. She did so well leaving for the trip with no crying or anything. It was so funny because she woke up thinking she was sick, but I explained to her that is a nervous tummy. It was the first time she had experienced that to such a degree. It was cute.This is the group that went. I admired Julianna's bravery in going somewhere so out of her comfort zone. I hope that she can now have a point of reference when I tell her that she had better pick up her toys, eat her veggies, etc., because there are kids that don't have that kind of thing.
I can't believe I let her go!! She at 7 has now been to a foreign country that I have not been to. Is this an indication of the future?
We will post more pictures upon her return.

1 comment:

Not Hertz said...

Grandma and Grandpa are so proud of her. What an experience that will be with her the rest of her life.